Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Koolaid's Revenge

When I was pregnant with my second daughter my sister came and babysat my 3 year old. When she got thirsty they went to the fridge and my sis asked Zoe if she wanted some KoolAid. My obedient daughter informed her that KoolAid was a grown up drink. My sister was quick to correct the scam I had been running to keep my kid away from sugary drinks.

Last night the nephew was just fine. We played at the park and stopped at sonic on the way home because it was too late for me to cook. The little dude was amazed with Ocean Water. I am not sure if he liked it, but it certainly fascinated him.

So far the little dude has been great. I was able to put him to bed awake and he put himself to sleep without any tears. I had to wake him up this morning and he was still a sweetheart. I took him to his school and again no tears. He fussed for a second but I stayed calm and insisted that he walk into his class. I gave him a big hug and kiss and showed him where to sit.

Tonight I will have my babies back from their dad's house and they will be a big help. I figure that with them there it will stall the monsoon fit that I am expecting on day two or three where he just wants to know where his mom is. After last night though I am not sure that that is even going to happen. We are taking him to the park every night this week so he can sleep well. He just LOVES the park.

No comments: