Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Beautiful Boy



My beautiful boy.

I have had a stepson now for a couple of years. I was a mom for along time before that to 2 girls, so I figured "No sweat! I GOT this!"

How wrong. Boys are so different. It took me months to get used to explosion noises. And that he could wipe his nose on his own.

Now, I think that we are hitting a good groove. We live close to his mom, so we can make it to a lot of his things......He likes jokes - I got jokes.

What is hard for me to figure out is a place where he is comfortable with my involvement in his life. His mom is good. He already has a mom. I am not quite sure where I fit in, but it feels like I do now. Things can be so fragile with children, but I think that I am getting there with him.

I know I love him like he's mine. That'a a start.

No comments: