Friday, February 29, 2008

Mardi Gras for Elementary School Kids


Tonight is my kiddos dance. Since when do elementary school kids have dances anyhow? Isn't there a big focus on slowing down the maturation of tween girls??
So for the theme this year they have chosen Mardi Gras....Nice......
I have been working with my 7 year old little lady over the past few days and I think she understands how to earn beads now. NOT!!!
Couldn't they have chosen something a bit more childlike? Why did they choose a theme that for adults means that you can make an acceptable costume out of liquid latex and loose feathers?
I understand the purpose of Mardi Gras - I really do. My family does the whole lent thing....We go to church...trust me...we get it. But I also fully understand the major side of Mardi Gras....I was a coed once. A really fun one at that.
I just don't like it.

No comments: