Saturday, December 20, 2008

2008 - or what I have done

This past year was incredibly difficult for me. The further decline of my father caused some identity issues. I thought that I was grown up but I had a lot further to go than I thought. Instead of looking back at the negatives, I figure instead I will concentrate on the ways in which I have grown and the new things I did that proved life altering:

1)I helped save a man's life. This proved to be one of the most meaningful things of 2008 for me. My girls saw me in a new way. They saw that their mother has strength that they hadn't seen before. I saw that I had strength that I had forgotten about.

2)I represented myself succesfully in court. This has insurmountable pride for me. It not only showed me that I am competant, it showed me something more important. I no longer fear my ex. He can't scare me anymore. Right does prevail. Justice prevails. And I am capable of keeping my children safe.

3)I have grown at work. I have brought in significant business. I have built an identity for myself. I was mentioned in the leadership meeting with the founder and president of the company. That is significant.

4)My children continue to grow and do well. They are so beautiful. They are so SMART. They crack me up. They are my life.

5)I love my husband. It has been almost 2 and a half years now that we have been married. Compared to how broken I was for many years, this is a huge accomplishment.

6)I am a good daughter. Life has changed and now my parents are more dependant on me than I am of them and I am handling this just fine. It feels good to take care of them when I can.

All in all, it takes pain to grow. There has been a lot of pain this year. I feel confident that I am adapting.

No comments: